How Make Correction in PAN Card Details Online
As application for fresh allotment of PAN can be made through Internet. Also Further, requests for changes or correction in Pan Card data or request for reprint of PAN Card (for an existing PAN) may also be made through Internet.
If applicant wants to make change/correction in PAN Card data. A new PAN card bearing the same PAN with updated details will be issued to applicant.
Appropriate check boxes in front of the relevant core details (i.e. name, father’s name, date of birth) should be selected, in order to update the details.
The charges for applying for PAN is ₹ 110 (₹ 93 + 18% Goods And Service Tax) for Indian communication address and ₹ 1020 [(Application fee ₹ 93 + Dispatch Charges ₹ 771.00) + 18% Goods And Service Tax] for foreign communication address.
Payment of application fee can be made through credit/debit card, demand draft or net-banking. Once the application and payment is accepted, the applicant is required to send the supporting documents through courier/post to NSDL/UTITSL. Only after the receipt of the documents, PAN application would be processed by NSDL/UTITSL.
For New PAN applications, in case of Individual and HUF applicants if Address for Communication is selected as Office, then Proof of Office Address along with Proof of residential address is to be submitted to NSDL w.e.f. applications made on and after 1st November 2009.
As per RBI guidelines, the entities making e-commerce transactions are required to provide PIN (Personal Identification Number) while executing an online transaction. Therefore, before making payment for online PAN/TAN applications using credit card / debit card / net banking, applicant is required to obtain PIN from Banks whose credit card/debt card/net banking is being used.
Steps to make correction in PAN Card (Permanent Account Number) online, as mentioned on tin-nsdl.com:
- NSDL e-Gov has also provided an online facility to request for any change address in PAN card. Open onlineservices.nsdl.com
- Select ‘Changes or correction in existing PAN data’ option from the ‘application type’, Applicant should fill with all personal details here.
- After submitting, you will be redirected to a new page. A token number will be generated and displayed to which will also be sent on email address provided in the application.
- Now, check the option ‘Submit scanned images through e-Sign’.
- Now, mention the PAN number.
- Select the corresponding box on left margin of appropriate field where correction is required. Applicant should also indicate whether this is his residence or office address
- If the applicant wants to update any other address, he should fill the details of the same in an additional sheet which is to be attached with the form, said NSDL
- It is mandatory for the applicant to provide proof of communication address
- After filling the form, an acknowledgement receipt will be generated
- Send the print out of this receipt along-with supporting documents to Income Tax Office Address.
For More Detail read below steps:
Table of Contents
STEPS FOR ONLINE APPLICATION:
- Only Indian citizens should use this form for submitting application for allotment of PAN. Indian citizens located outside India should also use this form.
- Applicant will fill Form 49A online and submit the form.
- If the data submitted fails in any format level validation, a response indicating the error(s) will be displayed on the screen.
- The applicant shall rectify the error(s) and re-submit the form.
- If there are no format level error(s), a confirmation screen with data filled by the applicant will be displayed.
- The applicant may either edit or confirm the same.
- If communication address is within India, then the fee for processing PAN application is ₹ 110 (₹ 93 + 18% Goods And Service Tax).
the payment can be made only through credit card/debit card or demand draft payable at Mumbai for Correction in Pan Card.
- 11. If communication Address is outside India, then the fee for processing PAN application is ₹ 1020 [(Application fee ₹ 93 + Dispatch Charges ₹ 771.00) + 18% Goods And Service Tax].
At present this facility is available for a select list of countries. Applicants from other countries may contact NSDL at the contact details given in point below.
- Demand draft shall be in favour of ‘NSDL – PAN’. Demand draft should be payable at Mumbai.
- The applicant shall rectify the error(s) and re-submit the form.
- Name of the applicant and the acknowledgment number should be mentioned on the reverse of the demand draft.
- Applicants making online payment using credit card / debit card will be charged an additional charge of up to 2% (plus applicable taxes) of application fee by the bank providing gateway facility. Additionally, the conversion/exchange rates may also be levied by the card issuing bank, as per prevailing rates.
Applicants making payment through Net Banking facility will be charged an additional surcharge of 4.00 + applicable taxes for payment gateway facility.
On successful credit card / debit card / net banking payment, acknowledgment will be displayed. Applicant shall save and print the acknowledgment and send it to NSDL as mentioned in point ‘u – Mode of Submission of Documents’ below.
- To check status of online payment or to regenerate acknowledgement receipt, please click here and fill details accordingly.
- Applicant shall select appropriate mode of payment and fill relevant details in the application.
- On confirmation, and in case of credit card / debit card / net banking payment (on successful payment), an acknowledgment screen will be displayed.
- Applicant shall save and print this acknowledgment.
- ‘Individual’ applicants making “Application for allotment of new PAN” should affix two recent colour photographs (3.5 cm x 2.5 cm) in the space provided in the acknowledgment. The photograph should not be stapled or clipped to the acknowledgment. (The clarity of the image on PAN card will depend on the quality and clarity of the photograph affixed on the form).
- Signature / Left hand thumb impression should be provided across the photo affixed on the left side of the acknowledgement in such a manner that portion of signature/impression is on photo as well as on acknowledgement receipt.
- The signature should not be on the photograph affixed on right side of the acknowledgement. If there is any mark on this photograph such that it hinders the clear visibility of the face of the applicant, the application will not be accepted.
- Signature / left thumb impression should only be within the box provided in the acknowledgment. The signature should not be on the photograph. If there is any mark on the photograph such that it hinders the clear visibility of the face of the applicant, the application will not be accepted.
- Thumb impression, if used, should be attested by a Magistrate or a Notary Public or Gazetted Officer, under official seal and stamp.
MODE OF SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS
- The acknowledgment duly signed, affixed with photographs (in case of ‘Individuals’) along with Demand Draft, if any, and proof of identity (name in the application should be same as in the proof of identity) & proof of address (Individuals, HUFs, Body of Individuals, Association of Persons & Artificial Juridical Person should provide proof of address of residence stated in the application) as specified in the application form is to be sent to NSDL at ‘Income Tax PAN Services Unit, NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8,Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411 016’.
- It is mandatory to quote Aadhaar /Enrolment ID of Aadhaar application form, for making an application for allotment of Permanent Account Number (Form 49A) and copy of Aadhaar allotment letter / Copy of Enrolment ID receipt of Aadhaar application form should also be enclosed along with the acknowledgement.
- Superscribe the envelope with ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN — N-15-digit Acknowledgement Number’ (e.g. ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN — N-881010200000097’).
- Your acknowledgment, demand draft, if any, and proofs, should reach NSDL within 15 days from the date of online application.
- Applications received with demand draft as mode of payment shall be processed only on receipt of relevant proofs and realisation of payment.
- Applications received with credit card / debit card / net banking as mode of payment shall be processed on receipt of relevant documents.